Friday, 11 May 2012

A Strange Form of Support

In the last few months, I've been on a diet to try and shed some pounds. The other day, I was reading Everett a story on the couch, when I leaned forward to get my glass of water. Once I leaned back next to Everett, he started giggling and said "Mommy, I just saw your bum".

Trying my darndest to explain weight loss to a 4 year old, I ended it by saying: "So, that's why Mommy's pants don't fit anymore".

At this point, Everett got off the couch and stood in front of me with his hands on his hips.

With a look of what I can only assume was disgust, he told me: "Mommy, you need to buy new pants, because I  REALLY don't want to see your bum EVER AGAIN".

Somebody give me some Aloe Vera, cause I just got burned!!!

Ahhhh....the somewhat encouraging wisdom of a small child :)


No comments:

Post a Comment